KrisEnergy Commences 3D Seismic Survey in Block G10/48 ibn Gulf of Thailand
KrisEnergy Ltd., a Singapore-based independent upstream oil and gas firm, reported Tuesday that the CGG Amadeus has commenced a 331 square mile (884 square kilometer) 3D seismic acquisition program in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.
The seismic program, lasting 41 days, will be carried out by CGG Services in two sub-areas of the G10/48 license -- northwest of Wassana and southwest of Wassana -- located around 1.8 to 23.6 miles (3 to 38 kilometers) from the Wassana mobile offshore production unit. When ready, the seismic data will be integrated with existing data over most of the identified prospective areas of the G10/48 block, which also contains the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil accumulations.
G10/48 covers 688 square miles (1,783 square kilometers) in the Gulf of Thailand over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin in water depths up to 197 feet (60 meters). KrisEnergy has a 89 percent working interest and operatorship of G10/48, while Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- French Oil Services Firm CGG Files For Bankruptcy (Jun 14)
- CGG Wins DPC Contract in Brunei (Feb 21)
- CGG Looks to Achieve Financial Restructuring (Jan 05)
Company: KrisEnergy Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- Singapore's KrisEnergy Warns Debt Covenants May Come Under Stress (Aug 15)