Keppel AmFELS Delivers Newbuild Uxpanapa to Mexico's Central Panuco
Singapore's Keppel Corp. Ltd. reported Thursday that Keppel AmFELS LLC, the U.S. unit of its subsidiary Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd. (Keppel O&M), has delivered Uxpanapa (400' ILC), a KFELS B Class jackup, to Mexico's Central Panuco S.A. De C.V.
The jackup was christened Wednesday at Keppel AmFELS' yard in Brownsville, Texas by the owners of Central Panuco., a subsidiary of Mexico's Perforadora Central S.V. De C.V. Uxpanapa is the the fifth jackup built by Keppel AmFELS for Perforadora Central and the second based on the KFELS B Class design.
"The delivery of this fifth jackup rig to Central Panuco to their highest satisfaction is a result of our close partnership backed by the yard's strong capabilities. We are proud to be Central Panuco's choice shipyard as they grow their fleet of rigs to be a premier rig operator in the region," Simon Lee, president of Keppel AmFELS, said at the ceremony.
Mexican national oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) has chartered Uxpanapa for work offshore Mexico.
"We are pleased to receive the Uxpanapa ... In the current challenging market conditions, oil companies such as Pemex prefer highly cost-efficient and reliable equipment such as the KFELS B Class jackup ... which has a proven track record operating in Mexico," Patricio Alvarez Morphy Orvananos, senior vice president of Central Panuco said in the press release.
Keppel O&M is an active rig provider in the Mexican market, having delivered 16 projects, including Uxpanapa, with another four on order.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Perforadora Central more info
Manages 11 Offshore Rigs
- Keppel AmFELS Delivers Newbuild Uxpanapa to Mexico's Central Panuco (Jul 14)
- Keppel AmFELS Delivers Jackup Coatzacoalcos to Perforadora Central (Nov 26)
- Keppel AmFELS Bags $240M Deal to Build Jackup for Perforadora Central (Oct 11)
Company: Keppel Corporation Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel Posts Lower 2Q Profit, Says Rig Market Outlook Muddy (Jul 20)
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)