Repsol Sinopec Awards Major North Sea Services Contracts
Repsol Sinopec Resources UK has approved the award of major new contracts for the provision of all maintenance and construction labour, engineering support services and fabric maintenance for its offshore operated assets and onshore terminal at Flotta in the UK.
In each category, contracts have been awarded to at least two providers to “drive performance improvement and innovation with the intent of rewarding excellence,” said Repsol Sinopec in a company statement. New, simplified labour supply contracts, replacing the previous maintenance services model, have already been awarded to Amec Foster Wheeler and Petrofac.
In the engineering services support segment, awards have been made to a tiered group of contractors on a call-off basis, allowing assets to align engineering scopes with suppliers whose core competence makes them best placed to execute them efficiently. In addition to Amec Foster Wheeler and Petrofac, companies including Wood Group PSN, Apollo Offshore Engineering; Step Change Engineering, Stork and Bilfinger Salamis have also secured services deals from Repsol Sinopec.
“Now is the right time to make a fundamental change to the way we manage our major service contracts. These awards will drive greater innovation and competition in the supply chain, and improve accountability within our own business. We’re also looking to the new contractors to help in the development, training and competency assurance of our teams,” said Bill Dunnett, managing director of Repsol Sinopec Resources UK, in a company statement.
“Performance of our new contracts is a fundamental element of our ongoing transformation to an effective and sustainable operation, even in the current challenging market. This is a great opportunity for the local supply chain that will help us deliver long-term value to our shareholders, partners and employees,” he added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Iraq And Petrofac Sign $369MM Deal To Build Majnoon Crude-Processing Plant (Aug 13)
- Petrofac To Sell 49% Of Mexican Operations (Jul 30)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: AMEC Foster Wheeler plc more info
- Amec Foster's First-Half Trading Profit Falls, Margins Improve (Aug 10)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)
- British Oil Probe Shows Value of Reading the Small Print: Gadfly (Jul 12)