Iran Says Fire At Bu Ali Sina Petrochemical Complex Contained
July 7 (Reuters) - A fire that broke out at Iran's Bu Ali Sina petrochemical refinery complex has been contained, the Iranian oil ministry said on its official website Shana on Thursday.
The fire broke out at the complex in the southwest city of Bandar Mahshahr on Wednesday but caused no fatalities, the official IRNA news agency reported.
"The fire was prevented from spreading to other units of the plant ... It has been contained now," a local official from Iran's Khuzestan province told Shana.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, according to Shana.
(Writing by Parisa Hafezi; Editing by Susan Fenton)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds