NPD Grants Wintershall Drilling Permit Offshore Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for well 35/11-20 A, located in production license 248 F offshore Norway.
Well 35/11-20 A will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin (midwater semisub) drilling facility after completing the drilling of wildcat well 16/5-6 for Tullow Oil Norge AS in production license 776. The well will be drilled about 62 miles southwest of Florø and about 12 miles northwest of the Fram field.
Wintershall Norge AS is the operator of PL 248 F with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are Origo Exploration Norway AS (20 percent) and Petoro AS (40 percent). Production licence 248 was awarded on 4 June 1999. This is the second well to be drilled within the licence area.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)