TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia
TGS reported Wednesday that it has commenced approximately 4,971 miles (8,000 kilometers) of long offset, broadband 2D seismic data as well as magnetic and gravity data on the Northwest Shelf offshore north west Australia.
The Northwest Shelf Renaissance 2D seismic survey is designed to provide enhanced imaging through to the deeper stratigraphic section of the Dampier, Beagle and Bedout Sub Basins and Exmouth Plateau where TGS has been granted permits to operate from the Australian authorities.
"This new long offset 2D survey will tie recent and deep wells with TGS's existing 3D coverage in the Exmouth Plateau, Carnarvon Basin. In addition, this modern 2D survey traverses the proposed 2016 Australian Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release areas which are expected to be released in July 2016. Fast trackdata will be available November 2016 with the final PSDM data available May 2017," Kristian Johansen, TGS CEO said in the press release.
The survey is being undertaken in co-operation with BGP, an arm of China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC), with the Chinese firm providing the seismic vessel, BGP Explorer for the assignment.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- States Look to Block Seismic Surveys in Atlantic (Dec 20)
- Trump Admin to Advance Seismic Surveys in Atlantic (Nov 30)
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)