Intertek Clinches Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project Contract Off Australia
Intertek disclosed Tuesday that it has clinched a contract to extend the provision of quality assurance services into the operational phase of Japan's Inpex Corp.-led Ichthys liquefied natural gas (LNG) Project off northwestern Australia.
Under the 3-year agreement, Intertek will continue to provide local and global inspection, expediting and auditing services to the Ichthys LNG Project throughout the remainder of construction activities and during operation of the facilities and pipeline. The technical quality assurance services provided is critical to complex projects and ensures the quality of materials, on-time delivery of equipment, vendor compliance and commissioning of the facility are in accordance with construction and operating standards.
The Ichthys LNG development is expected to have a peak production of up to 8.9 million tons of LNG and 1.6 million tons of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) per annum as well as 100,000 barrels of condensate per day.
“Since 2012, Intertek has been delivering local and global vendor inspection, non-destructive testing and verification support to the Ichthys LNG Project. We look forward to providing continued quality assurance support that will ensure safe and successful operations,” Konrad Drogemuller, Intertek regional director of Industry Services said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Intertek Group plc more info
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Intertek Clinches Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project Contract Off Australia (Jun 28)
- Intertek Expands E&P Services in ME with New $2.3M Facility in UAE (Mar 21)