ABS, Keppel's KOMtech Collaborate on Joint Development Projects
Offshore classification services provider American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) announced Monday that the company is pursuing multiple major joint development projects (JDP) with Singapore's Keppel Offshore & Marine Technology Centre (KOMtech) covering areas such as special purpose rigs, data analytics, and subsea technology.
“This collaboration clearly defines our role as a technology leader and trusted advisor in the industry ... Working with Keppel on these JDPs illustrates our ability to develop new technologies, find novel solutions and establish fresh approaches for validating these concepts,” ABS Pacific Division President Derek Novak said in the press release.
ABS revealed that senior managers and technical personnel from both firms gathered for a two-day workshop in Singapore to identify areas where they can collaborate to develop innovative technology to address offshore industry challenges and improve efficiency on existing processes.
“As a longtime partner, we greatly appreciate ABS’ view of the industry and insights into technology trends. This collaboration is part of KOMtech’s strategy to deepen collaboration with like-minded partners,” Michael Chia, managing director (Marine & Technology) of Keppel Offshore & Marine and managing director of KOMtech commented.
ABS indicated that plans are in place for the details of the JDPs to be finalized in the next few months and the projects are scheduled to be completed within the next two years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ABS Expands India Office, Plans To Recruit Technology Staff (Aug 01)
- ABS, Keppel's KOMtech Collaborate on Joint Development Projects (Jun 28)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)