Angola State Oil Firm Finds Gas In Kwanza Basin
LUANDA, June 22 (Reuters) - Angolan state oil company Sonangol has discovered gas reserves in the offshore Kwanza basin that it says could total 813 million barrels of oil equivalent in a block in which BP has a stake.
Sonangol said Block 20/11 held an estimated 313 million barrels of condensate and 2.8 trillion cubic feet of gas.
(Reporting by Herculano Coroado; Writing by Olivia Kumwenda-Mtambo; Editing by Ed Cropley)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)