NPD Grants Faroe Petroleum Drilling Permit for Well 31/7-1 A
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Faroe Petroleum Norge AS a drilling permit for well 31/7-1 A, located offshore Norway.
Well 31/7-1 A will be drilled from the Transocean Arctic (mid-water semisub) drilling facility in production license 740. Faroe Petroleum Norge AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 50 percent. Core Energy AS is a licensee holding the remaining 50 percent stake.
The area in this licence consists of parts of blocks 31/7 and 30/9. This is the first well to be drilled in the license. The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Faroe Fights DNO Offer With Valuation Report (Jan 02)
- DNO Withdraws Request For Faroe Board Seats As Conflict Escalates (Aug 27)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)