McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract
McDermott International, Inc. bagged a pipeline assignment for 2017, including transportation and installation (T&I) of pipelines and umbilicals in the Fairley and Ampa Fields off Brunei, under a multi-year offshore installation contract with Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sdn Bhd (BSP).
The workscope for the 2017 campaign, which is part of a three year installation contract signed in 2014, covers T&I for 20 miles of pipelines, with the associated beach and pipeline crossings, tie-ins, riser installation and pre-commissioning of the completed system.
“Brunei has significant long-term plans to increase investment and production in its energy sector and the successful installation of these new pipelines in the Ampa and Fairley fields is expected to help ensure production continuity of the mature reserves ... McDermott’s demonstrated performance during the 2015 campaign built customer confidence critical to winning this award. Our contribution in developing these facilities plays a vital role in helping Brunei Shell Petroleum meet its production targets and Brunei meet its energy goals,” Hugh Cuthbertson, vice president, Asia said in the press release.
McDermott will deploy Derrick Barge 30 (DB 30) for the pipeline work in Brunei. Both the DB 30 and Emerald Sea diving support vessel were deployed for the successful 2015 campaign -- one of the largest shallow water pipeline campaigns undertaken by McDermott Asia in recent years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)