Quadrant Spuds Outtrim East-1 Well in Permit WA-155-P(1) in Australia's NWS
Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd. disclosed Monday that the operator of the Outtrim East-1 well, Quadrant Energy, has commenced drilling the well, located in WA-155-P(1) exploration permit in the North West Shelf of Australia June 18.
Quadrant will explore for additional hydrocarbon bearing sands to the North and East of the hydrocarbon reservoir seen at the Outtrim-1 oil discovery in the Outtrim East-1 drilling.
The operator will drill the well to approximately 4,265 feet (1,300 meters) measured depth (MD), just above the Pyrenees Formation, which was oil-bearing in the Outtrim-1 well situated approximately 0.6 mile (1 kilometers) away. It planned to obtain around 295 feet (90 meters) of conventional core before drilling the final section of the well to a total depth (TD) of 4,724 feet (1,440 meters).
"The Company expects to be in a position to report on whether the target formations are hydrocarbon-bearing, and the extent of any reservoir sands intersected, after completion of the wireline logging and pressure and fluid sampling program," AWE said in the press release, adding that the process will take several months after completion of the well.
Partners in the WA-155-P(1) exploration permit are Quadrant Energy with a 71.5 percent interest, while Carnarvon holds the remaining 28.5 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Quadrant Energy more info
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Quadrant Flows Gas, Condensate from Roc-2 Offshore Australia (Oct 19)
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)