ONGC Sets New Pre-Monsoon Rig Move Offshore India
State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC) has, with the support of Norway's Aqualis Offshore, set a new pre-monsoon rig move record offshore India recently that involved 33 mobile offshore drilling units (MODU).
Aqualis Offshore assisted ONGC Rigmove cell in completing most of the assignment between mid-March to May, covering a total of 31 MODUs on the west coast and 2 on the east coast and placing each on its respective monsoon location before the onset of the seasonal adverse weather conditions.
Aqualis Offshore executed the task with support of mariners and engineers in its Dubai and London office, respectively.
“This is an impressive milestone in Indian Offshore operations and is a tribute to the professionalism of all involved,” Rodger Dickson, group marine director, Aqualis Offshore said in the press release.
In May, United India Insurance Co. reappointed Aqualis Offshore to provide marine warranty services to ONGC's assets offshore India. Under the agreement, Aqualis Offshore will continue to provide marine warranty services to ONGC’s fleet of jackups and MOPUs in Indian waters.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 40 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Aqualis Offshore more info
- ONGC Sets New Pre-Monsoon Rig Move Offshore India (Jun 17)
- Aqualis Bags Mekers' Contract to Supervise Liftboat Construction in China (Aug 06)
- Aqualis Wins Rig Support Contract Offshore Mexico (Jul 06)