Aibel Appoints New President, CEO
Mads Andersen will take over as the new Aibel President and CEO from January 1, 2017, following Jan Skogseth’s decision to retire.
Skogseth will hold an advisory role in the company until spring 2017. He held the role of president and CEO since 2008 and will retire at the age of 62, as permitted by his employment contract. Mads Andersen is the current president at the Schlumberger-owned OneSubsea. Andersen is a qualified civil engineer and business economist and was part of the executive management team at Aker Solutions for several years.
"The board of directors would like to take this opportunity to thank Skogseth for his immense efforts. He has done an excellent job for a number of years and leaves the company in a very good position," said Aibel Chairman of the Board of Directors, Helge Midttun, in a company statement.
"Aibel has been a fantastic company to manage and I am convinced that the company's strong position will continue to develop, both within existing and new areas," added Skogseth.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)
Company: OneSubsea more info
- OneSubsea Bags $300M Contract for Greater Enfield Project Off Australia (Jul 15)
- OneSubsea Secures Zohr EPC Contract (Jun 21)
- Aibel Appoints New President, CEO (Jun 14)