Indonesia Rejects Exxon Proposal To Boost Cepu Block Output
JAKARTA, June 14 (Reuters) - Indonesia has rejected a proposal to increase crude output from the Cepu block operated by U.S. oil and gas giant Exxon Mobil to up to 200,000 barrels per day, the country's upstream oil and gas regulator (SKKMigas) told parliament on Tuesday.
SKKMigas disagrees with Exxon's analysis of the potential for the project based on environmental and subsurface considerations, SKKMigas chief Amien Sunaryadi said.
Exxon proposed the increase to 200,000 bpd last month noting potential in the project's reservoirs but said the decision was in the government's hands.
(Reporting by Wilda Asmarini; Writing by Fergus Jensen; Editing by Tom Hogue)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities more info
- Indonesian Banks Join Global Lenders to Provide Finance for Tangguh Project (Aug 05)
- Indonesia Rejects Exxon Proposal To Boost Cepu Block Output (Jun 14)
- Survey Shows Most Indonesian Upstream Firms Likely to Cut Workforce in 2016 (May 31)