Amec Foster Wheeler Secures Sasol Services Contract
Amec Foster Wheeler secured a detailed design and engineering contract with Sasol Petroleum Mozambique Limitada for Phase 1 Tranche 1 of the PSA development for surface facilities in Temane, Mozambique.
The scope of work for the new integrated oil and gas project includes flowlines for the fields located adjacent to Sasol’s existing Temane Central Processing Facility.
Amec Foster Wheeler previously completed early engineering works for the project. This included the development of a Local Content Plan which produced a comprehensive plan to maximize the use of local Mozambican suppliers, contractors and labour during the execution of the project.
“This award reinforces Amec Foster Wheeler’s position as a leading oil and gas service provider in Mozambique,” said Roberto Penno, Amec Foster Wheeler group president for Asia, Middle East, Africa and Southern Europe.
“We have delivered many projects for Sasol and its partners in-country, including building the original Temane facility. For this project, we will deploy our extensive expertise to this development which will see further hydrocarbon resources produced to support Southern African growth.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)
Company: AMEC Foster Wheeler plc more info
- Amec Foster's First-Half Trading Profit Falls, Margins Improve (Aug 10)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)
- British Oil Probe Shows Value of Reading the Small Print: Gadfly (Jul 12)