Saipem Secures New Drilling Contracts
Saipem has been awarded new drilling contracts and extensions to existing contracts in Portugal, Norway, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Latin America, with a cumulative value of approximately Euro 150 million ($170 million).
Among the awards is a contract with Eni Portugal B.V. for the utilization of the Saipem 12000 (UDW drillship) during the third quarter of 2016 and a contract with Eni Norge for the Scarabeo 8 (UDW semisub), which has been extended up to October 2017.
In onshore drilling, Saipem has been awarded new contracts by a number of different clients relating to land drilling rigs in South America, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Morocco. The contracts will start during 2016 and have terms that vary from two months to two years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)