Greka Prepares to Drill Well for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj Block
Greka Drilling Ltd., an Asia-focused unconventional oil and gas drilling company, commenced preparations to drill the third well for Essar Oil Ltd. in the Raniganj block, West Bengal, India under a contract with the country's coal bed methane (CBM) producer signed in February.
Greka Drilling has successfully drilled two directional wells for Essar under the contract. The first well was spud May 8, while the second well was completed by the same GD75 rig June 5, with a total of 8,002 feet (2,439 meters) drilled over the course of 28 days. The firm is preparing to drill the third well shortly. Under the one year contract, Greka Drilling is remunerated on a day-rate basis for drilling vertical and directional wells.
Meantime, a second GD75 rig is being prepared for mobilization under the same contract to meet Essar's drilling needs in the Raniganj block.
"We are delighted that the drilling campaign for Essar has started so well and we look forward to the mobilization of more rigs in West Bengal over the course of the year. There are a number of CBM resource holders in India who are now planning extended drilling campaigns and Greka Drilling will continue to be at the forefront of these developments," Randeep S. Grewal, Greka Drilling chairman and CEO said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fire Breaks Out At Shell Chemical Plant, Nearby Essar Refinery Unaffected (Aug 22)
- Essar Oil Settles $2.5B Iran Oil Dues, Still Owes About $616MM (Apr 12)
- Trade Data: India's Nov Iran Oil Imports Skid To Lowest Since Feb 2016 (Dec 14)
Company: Greka Drilling Ltd. more info
- Essar Oil Emerges as India's Largest Unconventional Gas Producer (Jun 22)
- Greka Prepares to Drill Well for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj Block (Jun 09)
- Greka to Drill Wells for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj East CBM Block (Apr 21)