Quadrant to Drill Roc-2 Well in North West Shelf in Late June/Early July
Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd. confirmed Tuesday that joint venture partner Quadrant Energy, the operator of Western Australian offshore exploration permit WA-437-P, planned to drill the Roc-2 well to appraise and test the Roc-1 gas-condensate discovery in late June or early July with the Ocean Monarch (UDW semisub).
The Roc-2 appraisal well, which will be drilled to a depth of 17,224 feet, is required to delineate the extent of the Roc field, calibrate reservoir parameters, understand reservoir deliverability and characterize fluid properties. Carnavon indicated that the total drilling time at the Roc-2 well, located in around water depths of around 328 feet and 99 miles north east of Port Hedland, is estimated to take around 98 days.
Full well-bore coring and flow-testing are planned for the Roc-2 well over the Caley sandstones, taking the total time to drill, core and test to around 98 days, with the drilling seeking to demonstrate that the Caley sandstone is capable of production at commercial rates.
“In the success case, the Roc-2 appraisal well will confirm our gas and condensate volume estimates and provide us with important information on the flow rates of these hydrocarbons from the reservoir ... Demonstrating a commercial flow rate and a commercial volume of gas and condensate in the Roc-2 well would represent an important milestone in the development potential for the Roc structure and surrounding resources,” Carnarvon Managing Director and CEO Adrian Cook said.
Quadrant Energy holds an 80 percent stake in the WA-437-P exploration permit, while the remaining 20 percent is held by Carnarvon Petroleum.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
e-mail us at email@example.com