Amec FW Secures Contract for LNG Terminal Project in Ennore, Tamil Nadu
Amec Foster Wheeler secured a contract from Indian Oil LNG Private Ltd. Co. (IOLPL) for the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Ennore, Tamil Nadu, on the east coast of India, the company said Monday.
The workscope for Amec Foster Wheeler include the supervision of works related to various engineering, procurement and construction contracts for the LNG regasification and marine import facilities, as well as the LNG storage tanks. In addition, the company will undertake project management consultancy work for the entire project, covering engineering development and construction phases through to pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of the terminal.
The 42 month contract, which follows Amec Foster Wheeler's successful completion of a front end engineering and design (FEED) contract for theLNG terminal in 2012, is scheduled to be completed at the end 2018.
"Following our successful completion of the FEED contract, delivering this next phase of this project reinforces our position as a leading provider of LNG services to the Indian domestic market," Roberto Penno, group president of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Southern Europe business said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- India Said to Nix Iranian Oil Imports (Sep 25)
- Indian Oil To Turn To Traditional Suppliers To Meet Iran Oil Shortfall (May 22)
- Top India Refiner Is Said to Invest $3.5B to Expand (Mar 22)
Company: AMEC Foster Wheeler plc more info
- Amec Foster's First-Half Trading Profit Falls, Margins Improve (Aug 10)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)
- British Oil Probe Shows Value of Reading the Small Print: Gadfly (Jul 12)