Ireland Awards 14 New Licensing Options
Ireland’s department of natural resources announced the offer of 14 new licensing options in the Irish offshore following the conclusion of the 2015 Atlantic Margin Licensing Round.
This second phase of awards follows on from the first phase, which was made in February this year. A total of 28 new Licensing Options have now been awarded under the 2015 Licensing Round, with Europa Oil and Gas, Faroe Petroleum and Providence Resources all as receiving acreage as operators in the second phase.
"The industry response to the 2015 Round has been very positive, with a total of 43 applications for Licensing Options received by the deadline last September,” said Seán Kyne, the Minister of State for Natural Resources, in a government statement.
“The response to the 2015 Atlantic Margin Licensing Round is by far the largest number of applications received in any licensing round held in the Irish offshore. At a time of very low oil prices, the strong interest in the Round is very positive,” he added.
"Industry's response to the Round demonstrates the perceived positive prospectivity of Ireland's offshore and highlights confidence in the Irish regulatory process and the ability of industry to do business in Ireland,” Kyne continued.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)
Company: Europa Oil & Gas more info
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)