Sembcorp Marine to Contest EIG Management's Claim in U.S. Legal Suit
Singapore's Sembcorp Marine Ltd. announced Thursday that the company and its subsidiary Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd. have been served with summons in a legal suit filed by EIG Management Co. in the U.S. District Court, District of Columbia pertaining to the latter's investments of over $221 million in Sete Brasil Participacoes SA.
The rig builder, along with other shipyards and other entities -- including another Singapore's firm Keppel Corp. Ltd. and its subsidiary Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd. -- have been named as defendants in the suit filed by EIG Management against Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) over its investment in Sete Brasil.
"We believe that the claim is baseless and without merit, and will rigorously contest the claim," Sembcorp Marine said in a press release.
Sembcorp Marine's subsidiaries had in 2012 entered into contracts with subsidiaries of Sete Brasil to construct seven drillships.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Singapore's Sembcorp Marine 1Q Profit Slumps 86%, Outlook Subdued (Apr 25)
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: Sete Brasil Participacoes SA more info
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
- Singapore Rig Giant's Man In Brazil Says Managers Backed Bribes (Aug 03)
- Keppel Sees Prolonged Dearth Of Oil-Rig Orders Amid Glut (Jul 22)