Santos, Quadrant Terminate Sale of Stag Oilfield Off WA to Malaysia's Sona
Malaysia's Sona Petroleum Berhad disclosed Thursday that it has received letters from Santos and Quadrant Energy on the termination of the sale of Stag Oilfied in Production License WA-15-1 offshore Western Australia.
"On behalf of Sona Petroleum, we wish to announce that the Company today received letters from Santos and Quadrant to notify that the Sellers terminate the SPA with immediate effect. Accordingly, the SPA in relation to the Proposed Acquisition is terminated with effect from June 2," Sona said in the press release.
Sona announced in last month that the conditions for the purchase of Stag Oilfield for $25 million -- which would have been its qualifying acquisition as a Special Purpose Acquisition Company listed on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia -- had not been satisfied by the sale and purchase agreement (SPA) cut-off date of April 30. This comes after more than three quarters of Sona's shareholders voted April 26 against the proposed acquisition.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Sona Petroleum Bhd more info
- Santos, Quadrant Terminate Sale of Stag Oilfield Off WA to Malaysia's Sona (Jun 03)
- Shareholders Reject Sona Petroleum's Acquisition of WA's Stag Oilfied (Apr 27)
- Sona Gets More Time to Meet Conditions for Australia's Stag Oilfield Deal (Apr 01)
Company: Quadrant Energy more info
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Quadrant Flows Gas, Condensate from Roc-2 Offshore Australia (Oct 19)
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)