Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport
Holloman Energy Corp. disclosed Wednesday that the firm and its joint venture (JV) partners have agreed to a 3D seismic data exchange that is of relevance to its interest in petroleum exploration license (PEL) 444 in South Australia's Cooper-Eromanga Basin with both Senex Energy Ltd. and Bridgeport Energy Australia.
The agreement was made in December 2015 for the PEL 444 Joint Venture and Senex to secure a copy of the 10 square mile (26 square kilometer) 3D seismic data volume of the Senex Jasmine survey, which runs adjacent to the Wingman 3D seismic acquisition on PEL 444. As part of the transaction, well data from the first Senex well drilled using the Jasmine 3D seismic survey was acquired in exchange for well data from the recently drilled Baikal-1 well.
Under the January 2016 data exchange agreement with Bridgeport, the PEL 444 JV obtained a copy of the 31 square mile (80 square kilometer) 3D seismic survey from the Bridgeport Playford acquisition. Holloman and its partners will also receive well data from the first well drilled by Bridgeport where the location will have been selected using interpretation from the survey. In return, Bridgeport was given a copy of the Wingman 3D seismic survey and Baikal-1 well data.
"This information will be used in conjunction with already acquired seismic to help reduce uncertainty in our continued efforts to explore PEL 112 and 444," Holloman said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs