Cooper Completes Sale of 2 South Sumatran PSCs to Mandala Energy
Australia’s Cooper Energy completed Wednesday the sale of its Indonesian exploration assets, Sumbagsel and Merangin III Production Sharing Contracts in South Sumatra Basin to Southeast Asia-focused oil and gas exploration and production company Mandala Energy Investment Pte Ltd.
The firm collected the sum of $9.07 million (approximately AUD 12.5 million) from Mandala Energy, comprising a sale consideration of $8.25 million and reimbursement of exploration costs to completion, net of Indonesian transfer taxes.
“The sale of the Indonesian exploration permits is the first step in the company’s withdrawal from Indonesia in order that resources and focus are concentrated on its growth projects developing Gippsland Basin gas resources,” Cooper Energy said in the press release.
Meantime, the firm is continuing with the sale of its remaining Indonesian asset, the Tangai-Sukananti KSO production license in the South Sumatra Basin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Cooper Energy Seeks New Buyer for Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Aug 24)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)
Company: Mandala Energy Ltd. more info
- Cooper Completes Sale of 2 South Sumatran PSCs to Mandala Energy (Jun 02)
- Cooper Energy Says Buyers Keen to Acquire Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Apr 08)
- SKK Migas Approves Ramba's Farm-out of 35% Stake in Lemang PSC to Mandala (Feb 11)