Lundin Receives Edvard Grieg Acquisition Approval from Energy Ministry
The Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has granted Lundin Norway AS approval to acquire an additional 15 percent interest in the Edvard Grieg field, and interests in associated pipeline assets, from Statoil Petroleum AS.
Following the approval, Lundin Petroleum now expects to complete the transaction June 30, 2016.
The Edvard Grieg field is located in the Utsira High area in the central North Sea. The field’s gross 2P reserves are estimated at 187 million of barrels of oil equivalents and gross plateau production is expected to be 100,000 barrels of oil equivalents per day.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
- Norwegian Sea Gift Keeps on Giving (Oct 05)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)