SapuraKencana Energy Make Gas Discovery in SK408 PSC Offshore Sarawak
SapuraKencana Energy (SKE), the upstream arm of integrated oil and gas services firm SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad, reported Tuesday that it has made a gas discovery in its 2015 three-well drilling campaign in SK408 Production Sharing Contract (PSC), offshore Sarawak, Malaysia.
The drilling campaign targeted non-associated gas within the primary target Late Miocene Carbonate reservoirs and the first well, Jerun-1, is a significant gas find located 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) north of the 2014 Bakong gas discovery. The well has an interpreted gross gas column of approximately 2,625 feet (800 meters) in the primary target reservoir and is a multi-trillion cubic feet (Tcf) gas discovery.
SapuraKencana Petroleum added that Jeremin-1, located about 9.3 miles (15 kilometers) west of the F9 gas field, encountered a 341 feet (104 meters) gross gas column but the Putat-1 prospect, which is located 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) north of the Cili Padi gas field, has been confirmed as a dry hole. All wells have been safely plugged and abandoned.
The Jerun-1 and Jeremin-1 wells together with the five discoveries made earlier within Block SK408 are close to existing infrastructure supplying gas to one of the world’s largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities at Bintulu, Sarawak.
“The 2015 drilling campaign for SK408 has been executed within budget and completed safely by the SKE team with exceptional results,” SapuraKencana Petroleum President & Group CEO Shahril Shamsuddin said in a press release.
SKE is the exploration operator, holding a 40 percent working interest, while partners PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd and Sarawak Shell Bhd each hold 30 percent of the remaining stake.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 7 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Malaysia's Petronas Offers New Bergading Condensate For March (Jan 25)
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Shell's Pivot to Renewables Sharpens With California Deal (Feb 14)
- Shell Sweeps Nine Of 19 Blocks Awarded In Mexico Oil Auction (Jan 31)