Santos Commences First Production from GLNG Train 2 on Curtis Island
Oil and gas exploration and production company Santos Ltd. disclosed Thursday that GLNG Train 2 has started producing liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the GLNG project on Curtis Island, Queensland, eastern Australia.
The commencement of operations at GLNG Train 2 is another milestone for GLNG and marked the successful delivery of the two-train LNG project, which has already produced over 2 million tons of LNG and shipped 32 cargoes.
“GLNG Train 2 start-up adds to Santos’ LNG portfolio, which also includes the Darwin LNG and Papua New Guinea (PNG) LNG projects,” Santos Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Gallagher said in the press release.
First LNG from Train 1 commenced in September 2015 and GLNG’s first LNG cargo was exported the following month.
Santos is the GLNG operator, with a 30 percent interest, while partners include Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Berhad or PETRONAS (27.5 percent), France's Total S.A. (27.5 percent) and Korea Gas Corp. or Kogas (15 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Kogas more info
- As KOGAS Goes Into LNG Arbitration, Others May Follow (Feb 13)
- KOGAS Says In LNG Arbitration With Australia's North West Shelf Gas (Feb 12)
- S. Korea's KOGAS Says Interested In US Shale Gas Projects (Feb 10)