Santos Commences First Production from GLNG Train 2 on Curtis Island
Oil and gas exploration and production company Santos Ltd. disclosed Thursday that GLNG Train 2 has started producing liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the GLNG project on Curtis Island, Queensland, eastern Australia.
The commencement of operations at GLNG Train 2 is another milestone for GLNG and marked the successful delivery of the two-train LNG project, which has already produced over 2 million tons of LNG and shipped 32 cargoes.
“GLNG Train 2 start-up adds to Santos’ LNG portfolio, which also includes the Darwin LNG and Papua New Guinea (PNG) LNG projects,” Santos Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Gallagher said in the press release.
First LNG from Train 1 commenced in September 2015 and GLNG’s first LNG cargo was exported the following month.
Santos is the GLNG operator, with a 30 percent interest, while partners include Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Berhad or PETRONAS (27.5 percent), France's Total S.A. (27.5 percent) and Korea Gas Corp. or Kogas (15 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Kogas more info
- S. Korea's KOGAS Says Interested In US Shale Gas Projects (Feb 10)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)