Technip Secures Statoil Umbilical Contract
Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary Technip Umbilicals Ltd has been awarded a contract by Statoil ASA to supply the umbilical to the Oseberg Vestflanken 2 field offshore Norway.
The contract covers project management, engineering and the manufacture of over 5.5 miles of static steel tube umbilical. The umbilical includes a large bore integrated service line and multiple power cables. Technip Umbilicals’ facility in Newcastle, UK, will manufacture the project, which is scheduled to be completed during the first half of 2017.
“As a company we have invested significantly in our Newcastle facility and it is encouraging to see the award of contracts, such as Oseberg, from this. This is an extremely important recognition to Technip Umbilicals from Statoil,” said Sarah Cridland, managing director of Technip Umbilicals, in a company statement.
Oseberg Vestflanken 2 is located approximately 4.9 miles North West of the Oseberg field center at block 30/9-30/6 on the Norwegian continental shelf, in water depths of 328 feet.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)