TGS to Acquire 770 Square Miles of 3D Seismic Offshore Canada
TGS has announced plans to acquire approximately 770 square miles of 3D seismic data, in partnership with PGS, offshore Eastern Canada.
The project, which is supported by industry funding, will commence during the summer of 2016, with final data available to clients in the third quarter of 2017.
"We are building upon our extensive knowledge derived from previous 3Ds and the multi-year 2D programs acquired in partnership with PGS. This project will provide valuable data to exploration companies to further de-risk their prospects," said Kristian Johansen, TGS CEO.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- States Look to Block Seismic Surveys in Atlantic (Dec 20)
- Trump Admin to Advance Seismic Surveys in Atlantic (Nov 30)
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)