JDR Bags Subsea Deal from GE Oil & Gas for India's Vashishta & S1 Project
JDR Cable Systems Ltd., a UK-based supplier of subsea umbilicals and power cables to the offshore energy industry, indicated Tuesday that it has been awarded a contract by GE Oil & Gas for India's offshore Vashishta & S1 project operated by state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC).
Under the contract, JDR will engineer, design and manufacture 12 steel tube flying leads -- used to connect subsea trees to umbilical termination arrangements, manifolds and subsea distribution units -- and associated hardware, while its technical services team will provide design analysis for the project including flow and structural analyses and free spanning vortex induced vibration (VIV) analysis.
“This contract highlights our world-leading expertise in the supply of specialist umbilicals and cables to the offshore energy industry. We are delighted to support GE and ONGC by providing the critical links to their subsea control system. This contract award is testament to our expert teams who are leading the charge in developing advanced and innovative technologies for the offshore energy sector,” JDR CEO David Currie said in the press release.
The Vashishta & S1 fields are located in the Krishna Godvari Basin, 18.6 - 21.7 miles (30 - 35 kilometers) off the east coast of India, at water depths of 820 to 2,296 feet (250 to 700 meters).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Subsea Contract Features Made-in-India Element (Oct 03)
- India Tells State Oil Firm ONGC to List Overseas Unit (Aug 21)
- ONGC, Reliance in Talks with Customers to Sell East Coast Gas (Apr 10)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- US Drops 25 Oil and Gas Rigs This Week (Jan 18)
- US Drops Four Oil Rigs This Week (Jan 11)
- US Drops Eight Oil Rigs This Week (Jan 04)
Company: JDR Cable more info
- JDR Bags Subsea Deal from GE Oil & Gas for India's Vashishta & S1 Project (May 25)
- JDR Opens New Deepwater Quayside Facility at Hartlepool Dock in England (Jul 10)
- JDR Highest Ranked Original Equipment Manufacturer on UK's Top 100 (Feb 10)