CNPC, ENH to Cooperate on Oil & Gas Projects in Mozambique
China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) reported Friday that on May 18 in Beijing, in the presence of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Mozambique President Filipe Nyusi, CNPC Chairman Wang Yilin and Omar Mitha, chairman of Mozambique's national oil and gas company Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos E.P. (ENH), signed a cooperation framework agreement between CNPC and ENH.
Under the agreement, the two sides will reinforce cooperation in oil and gas exploration and production, and natural gas processing and marketing. Specifically, CNPC will actively participate in Mozambique's exploration and production (E&P) projects, promote cooperation in gas field services, and cultivate technicians and managerial talents for Mozambique's oil industry.
CNPC has been participating in offshore gas E&P projects in Mozambique since 2013. Block 4 is CNPC's first ultra-deep subsea natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in East Africa, and the largest individual project of Chinese enterprises in the country. Also, CNPC is actively involved in oilfield services and engineering construction projects in Mozambique, such as geophysical prospecting, pipeline construction, project contracting, and equipment supply.
On the following day, President Filipe Nyusi paid a visit to CNPC headquarters, and had a meeting with Wang Yilin to exchange opinions on deepening oil and gas cooperation.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNPC Plans Internal Consolidation To Fast-Track Gas Storage Upgrade (Jun 01)
- Total at Risk of Losing Gas Field Stake to CNPC If It Quits Iran (May 07)
- China's CNPC Sells First Gasoline To Americas As Fuel Stocks Hit Record (Apr 03)
Company: Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos more info
- CNPC, ENH to Cooperate on Oil & Gas Projects in Mozambique (May 24)
- Petronas, Empresa Nacional Awarded 2 Blocks in Mozambique (Oct 13)
- Norsk Hydro Signs E&P Contract for Two Areas Offshore Mozambique (Feb 17)