NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Tullow Oil Norge AS and Total E&P Norge AS drilling permits for two separate wells offshore Norway.
Tullow received permission for wellbore 16/5-6, located in production license 776, which will be drilled using the Borgland Dolphin (mid-water semisub). Tullow Oil Norge AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 40 percent. Other licensees comprise Concedo ASA, Wintershall Norge AS and Petoro AS with 20 percent interests each.
Total E&P Norge AS’ drilling permit relates to well 30/4-3 S, which is located in production license 040/043. The well will be drilled using the Maersk Intrepid (492’ ILC). Total E&P is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 51 percent. Petoro holds a 30 percent interest and Statoil Petroleum AS owns the remaining 19 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)