PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027
Malaysia's state-owned Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) and Vietnam Oiland Gas Group (PetroVietnam) announced Monday a 10-year extension of the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for the PM3 Commercial Arrangement Area (CAA) with Talisman Malaysia Ltd., Talisman Malaysia (PM3) Limited (Talisman), PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. (PCSB) and PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation Limited (PVEP).
The PM3 CAA project involves offshore fields located throughout a 775 square mile (2,008 square kilometer) area in the overlapping zone between Malaysia and Vietnam.
Under the terms of the PSC, Talisman will continue to operate Block PM3 CAA with equity interest of 35 percent while PVEP will own 30 percent of the equity, with the remaining 35 percent held by PCSB.
The contract extension will maintain the production from five producing fields namely the Bunga Orkid, Bunga Kekwa, Bunga Raya, Bunga Tulip and Bunga Saroja fields. Other activities include further development of discovered fields within the Malaysia-Vietnam offshore Commercial Arrangement Area.
The partners are committed to conduct near field exploration, brownfield development and studies on Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) amounting to $500 million of additional minimum work commitment.
The PSC was signed April 6 for the extended operation of Block PM3 CAA till 2027.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)