OTC 2016 Video: Airswift COO on Jobs Outlook for Oil, Gas
Times are tough for anyone involved in the oil and gas industry, pretty much anywhere around the world at the moment. Some 250,000 jobs have been lost in the sector since the oil price began its slide in late 2014. But there are still a few opportunities out there for oilfield engineering and services firms, along with their employees.
Rigzone Editor Jon Mainwaring talked to Janette Marx, chief operating officer of leading energy recruitment agency Airswift, about the issues afflicting employment in the industry at the moment and opportunities that may open up down the line.
Airswift is the result of the merger in January this year between Swift Worldwide Resources and Air Energi. The enlarged company works with all the world's supermajors and it operates from more than 52 offices worldwide, running a candidate database of around half-a-million workers in the energy, process and infrastructure industries.
Watch Jon's interview with Janette here…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ITEM Club: More Jobs Losses Expected in NE Scotland due to Oil Slump
- Shell Q&A: What Makes an Ideal Employer in Oil, Gas?
- Shell Takes First Place in Rigzone's Inaugural Ideal Employer Survey
- UK Government 'Must Recommit' to Oil, Gas Sector in Autumn Statement
- UK Government Gives Go-Ahead for Fracking in NW England