Term Sheet: Seadrill Sells Stake In Sapurakencana Petroleum For $198M
Norwegian rig firm Seadrill Ltd. has sold its 8.2 percent stake in Malaysia's Sapurakencana Petroleum Bhd for $198 million, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Thursday.
Seadrill sold 490.3 million shares at 1.58 ringgit per share, a 10.7 percent discount to Sapurakencana's closing price of 1.77 ringgit on Wednesday, the term sheet shows.
Seadrill confirmed the sale of its remaining stake in Sapurakencana in a regulatory filing.
A person familiar with the matter said the deal was more than two times covered.
Morgan Stanley was the sole global co-ordinator for the sale. Maybank was the co-bookrunner.
(Reporting by Anshuman Daga; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)