BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer
Norway's BW Offshore reported Monday that Petrobras America Inc., a unit of Brazil's national oil company Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras), has exercised an option to extend the fixed term of the lease contract for FPSO BW Pioneer for three years from the first quarter of 2017 to the first quarter of 2020.
Prior to the commencement of the contract extension, BW Offshore will replace parts of the subsea mooring system for the floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel in the second quarter of this year.
During the replacement, expected to take approximately two months to complete, the FPSO BW Pioneer will be disconnected. BW Offshore said the the replacement cost for the parts will be partly covered by insurance. The FPSO operates at the Cascade & Chinook field in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)