Greka to Drill Wells for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj East CBM Block
Greka Drilling Limited, the largest independent and specialized unconventional oil and gas driller in Asia, provided Wednesday an update on the contract to provide drilling services to Essar Oil Limited (Essar) in India. The award of this contract was announced by the Company on Feb. 15.
Essar has issued the mobilization order in accordance to the contract and pursuant to which the Company has initiated mobilization of two drilling rigs. Greka Drilling expects to commence drilling operations in May. Essar is the largest producer of coal bed methane (CBM) in India, principally from the Raniganj East Block in West Bengal, which is the contract area for Greka Drilling.
Randeep S. Grewal, Chairman and CEO of Greka Drilling, commented:
“We are delighted that we are again commencing work for Essar in the development of the Raniganj block. Greka Drilling’s high quality semi-automated GD75 rigs, that are already situated within country, will drill both vertical and directional wells on a day-rate basis (rather than a meters drilled basis). The Company is also in discussions with other CBM developers in India with a view to assisting them in monetizing their gas resources and it is positive to see that the Government of India remains committed to the development of CBM as a major source of domestic clean energy. We are at the forefront of CBM industry discussions in India and the remobilization of our drilling rigs for Essar is testament to that.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Fire Breaks Out At Shell Chemical Plant, Nearby Essar Refinery Unaffected (Aug 22)
- Essar Oil Settles $2.5B Iran Oil Dues, Still Owes About $616MM (Apr 12)
- Trade Data: India's Nov Iran Oil Imports Skid To Lowest Since Feb 2016 (Dec 14)
Company: Greka Drilling Ltd. more info
- Essar Oil Emerges as India's Largest Unconventional Gas Producer (Jun 22)
- Greka Prepares to Drill Well for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj Block (Jun 09)
- Greka to Drill Wells for Essar in West Bengal's Raniganj East CBM Block (Apr 21)