NPD Grants Statoil Drilling Permit for North Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for well 30/11-13, located in in the North Sea.
Well 30/11-13 will be drilled from the Songa Delta (mid-water semisub) drilling facility in production license 035. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 50 percent. Det norske oljeselskap AS is also a licensee, holding the remaining 50 percent stake.
Production license 035 was awarded in the 2nd licensing round on Nov. 14, 1969. This is the thirteenth exploration well to be drilled within the license area. The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)