SandRidge Says It Is No Longer Target of Antitrust Probe
April 15 (Reuters) - Oil and gas producer SandRidge Energy Inc said on Friday the company was no longer a target of a federal grand jury probe concerning antitrust violations related to leasing of oil and gas properties.
The Oklahoma-based company had said in May the leasing transactions subject to the government's inquiry date from 2012 and prior years.
SandRidge was told in April last year by the U.S. Department of Justice that it was a target of an Oklahoma grand jury.
The U.S. Department of Justice notified the company of the end of the probe on Thursday, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Among the companies subject to a 2012 DOJ probe for potential antitrust violations related to oil and gas land leasing were Chesapeake and Canada's Encana Corp.
Chesapeake and Encana said in April 2014, that the DOJ probe into potential antitrust violations had ended.
The late Aubrey McClendon, who co-founded Chesapeake Energy Corp, was also under investigation by the DOJ for potential violations related to leasing oil and gas properties, and was subsequently charged before his death.
Chesapeake said, in March, it was unlikely to face criminal prosecution or fines.
(Reporting by Amrutha Gayathri and Vishaka George in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- WildHorse to Lay Off Staff After Chesapeake Acquisition (Jan 14)
- Chesapeake to Cut Rigs to Reduce CAPEX in 2019 (Jan 10)
- Chesapeake Surges After Director Buys Shares (Dec 26)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana to Acquire Newfield for $5.5 Billion (Nov 01)
- DJR Energy to Acquire $480MM Worth of San Juan Assets from Encana (Oct 01)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: SandRidge Energy, Inc. more info
- SandRidge Sells Permian Assets; Buys Mid-Con Assets (Nov 05)
- SandRidge Energy Rejects Takeover Bids, Saying They Undervalue Company (Sep 10)
- Icahn Is Said to Have Won Control of Board at SandRidge (Jun 19)