Aker Solutions Secures Subsea Services Contract with Petrobras
Aker Solutions has secured a contract with Petrobras to provide maintenance and other services for subsea facilities at the energy firm’s operated oil and gas fields offshore Brazil.
The contract is for a fixed term of three years, valued at $121 million, and may be extended by another three years. It covers maintenance, storage, supply of parts and technical assistance for all subsea equipment delivered by Aker Solutions to Petrobras in Brazil.
Commenting on the deal, Aker Solutions Chief Executive Luis Araujo said in a company statement:
"Brazil is a key global offshore market. We have a nearly four-decade presence in the country and are committed to finding solutions to help Petrobras develop its petroleum resources in the most efficient and sustainable manner possible."
Aker Solutions is in April opening a new subsea manufacturing center in Curitiba, doubling its local production capacity. The company is also upgrading its subsea services unit in Rio das Ostras to better meet customer demand.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)