Ezra, EMAS Offshore to Sell 78.4% Stake in FPSO Lewek Emas
Ezra Holdings Limited (Ezra), a leading contractor and provider of integrated offshore solutions to the oil and gas industry and EMAS Offshore Production Service (Vietnam) Pte Ltd. (EOPS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMAS Offshore Limited (EMAS Offshore), an established offshore services provider, announced Thursday that they have accepted a non-binding letter of intent to sell at least their current combined 78.4 percent equity interest in PV Keez Pte Ltd. (PV Keez) to a global infrastructure investment firm. PV Keez is a single purpose company who owns the FPSO Lewek EMAS, which is chartered to Premier Oil Vietnam Offshore BV (POVO) as operator of the Chim Sao field offshore southern Vietnam.
Ezra and EOPS are expected to receive an aggregate consideration of a combination of cash and sellers credit, upon successful closure of the transaction.
Commenting on this transaction, Lionel Lee, Group CEO and managing director of Ezra, said, “This transaction is fully in line with the Group’s strategy to move away from ownership of FPSO assets and will allow us to streamline our resources. Furthermore, it will allow us to move towards capitalizing on the capabilities and experience we have harnessed from FPSO conversions and to build a franchise based on providing higher value-added services.”
Captain Adarash Kumar, EMAS Offshore’s Chief Executive Officer, added, “This transaction will enable us to strengthen our financial position and refocus the company’s business in the offshore support sector during the current challenging times in the oil and gas sector.”
Barring any unforeseen circumstances and subject to the entry into a formal and binding agreement and obtaining the requisite approvals, the transaction is expected to be completed by no later than the end of June 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Singapore Banks' Sour Loans In Focus As Oil Service Sector Stresses (Feb 10)
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: EMAS Offshore Ltd. more info
- EMAS Offshore Posts 3Q FY16 Net Loss of $23M, Revenue Down 41% to $35M (Jul 15)
- EMAS Offshore Secures $32M Contracts to Supply OSVs in SE Asia, West Africa (May 11)
- Ezra, EMAS Offshore to Sell 78.4% Stake in FPSO Lewek Emas (Apr 15)
Company: Premiere Oil Plc more info
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Premier's New Oil Field Offers Relief After UK Pipe Halt (Dec 27)
- Premier Oil Stations FPSO at Catcher Field in North Sea (Oct 26)