Saipem Secures EPCI Contract for TAP Pipeline
Saipem S.p.A has been awarded a new EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Instalation) contract for the offshore section of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline project by Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG, a joint venture between BP, SOCAR, Snam S.p.A., Fluxys, Enagás and Axpo.
The contract, which focuses on the coastlines of Albania and Italy across the Adriatic Sea, will see Saipem conduct marine surveys, the instalation of a 36 inch 65 mile offshore gas pipeline, the supply and instalation of an offshore fiber optic cable, pre-commissioning activities and civil works at the landfalls in both Albania and Italy.
Offshore instalation works, which at their deepest point will reach 2,690 feet below sea level, will be carried out using Saipem’s Castoro Sei pipelay vessel and the trench/pipelay barge Castoro 10. Works will commence in 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: SOCAR more info
- Pertamina Invites Socar, JX Nippon To Partner On Balikpapan Upgrade (Aug 01)
- Socar's Oil Trading Arm Rolls Back Expansion After Weak Profits (Jul 18)
- BP, SOCAR Sign PSA for Exploration, Development Offshore Azerbaijan (Apr 27)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)