Saipem Secures EPCI Contract for TAP Pipeline
Saipem S.p.A has been awarded a new EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Instalation) contract for the offshore section of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline project by Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG, a joint venture between BP, SOCAR, Snam S.p.A., Fluxys, Enagás and Axpo.
The contract, which focuses on the coastlines of Albania and Italy across the Adriatic Sea, will see Saipem conduct marine surveys, the instalation of a 36 inch 65 mile offshore gas pipeline, the supply and instalation of an offshore fiber optic cable, pre-commissioning activities and civil works at the landfalls in both Albania and Italy.
Offshore instalation works, which at their deepest point will reach 2,690 feet below sea level, will be carried out using Saipem’s Castoro Sei pipelay vessel and the trench/pipelay barge Castoro 10. Works will commence in 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: SOCAR more info
- Pertamina Invites Socar, JX Nippon To Partner On Balikpapan Upgrade (Aug 01)
- Socar's Oil Trading Arm Rolls Back Expansion After Weak Profits (Jul 18)
- BP, SOCAR Sign PSA for Exploration, Development Offshore Azerbaijan (Apr 27)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)