Saipem Secures EPCI Contract for TAP Pipeline
Saipem S.p.A has been awarded a new EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Instalation) contract for the offshore section of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline project by Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG, a joint venture between BP, SOCAR, Snam S.p.A., Fluxys, Enagás and Axpo.
The contract, which focuses on the coastlines of Albania and Italy across the Adriatic Sea, will see Saipem conduct marine surveys, the instalation of a 36 inch 65 mile offshore gas pipeline, the supply and instalation of an offshore fiber optic cable, pre-commissioning activities and civil works at the landfalls in both Albania and Italy.
Offshore instalation works, which at their deepest point will reach 2,690 feet below sea level, will be carried out using Saipem’s Castoro Sei pipelay vessel and the trench/pipelay barge Castoro 10. Works will commence in 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: SOCAR more info
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)