Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce
HOUSTON, April 7 (Reuters) - Hunt Oil Company will cut 10 percent of its workforce amid reduced activity in the oil and gas sector, a company spokeswoman said by email on Thursday.
Dallas, Texas-based Hunt Oil is a subsidiary of Hunt Consolidated, Inc, the 92nd largest private company in the US in 2015, according to Forbes.
Hunt Consolidated had 4,500 employees at the end of 2014, according to Forbes. The spokeswoman did not immediately confirm how many employees worked for the Hunt Oil subsidiary.
(Reporting by Liz Hampton; additional reporting by Jessica Resnick-Ault; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds