MHB MD/CEO Abu Fitri Abdul Jalil Leaves Company After Recall by PETRONAS
Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad (MHB)'s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO) Abu Fitri Abdul Jalil will relinquish his positions in the company on April 30, after being recalled back into the service of national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
"In view of the current challenges of the oil and gas industry and pursuant to the group-wide transformation exercise being undertaken by PETRONAS, Abu Fitri has been called back into the service of PETRONAS," MHB said Wednesday in a press release.
The firm, which is a subsidiary of Malaysia's energy shipping and maritime conglomerate MISC Berhad, has commenced the search for a new MD/ CEO. MHB has named current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Wan Mashitah Wan Abdullah Sani as Acting CEO effective May 1. The interim CEO joined MISC -- which is majority-owned by PETRONAS -- in 2002 and held various positions prior to her appointment as CFO in June 2010.
"Wan Mashitah has extensive knowledge of and experience in the MHB Group’s business and is capable of providing leadership to the Management Team pending the appointment of a new MD/CEO of the Company," according to the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bnd more info
- MHB MD/CEO Abu Fitri Abdul Jalil Leaves Company After Recall by PETRONAS (Mar 30)
- Malaysian-French Engineering for Petronas Projects (Jun 27)
- Petronas Awards 15 Contracts to Local Fabricators for Malaysian Projects (Oct 23)