Meridium Clinches APM Software & Services Deal from Malaysia's KPOC
Meridium, Inc., a U.S.-based provider of asset performance management (APM) software and services, reported Tuesday that it has clinched a contract from Malaysia's Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC), a joint venture of PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd, Shell Energy Asia Limited and ConocoPhillips Sabah Gas Ltd.
KPOC has implemented Meridium's Enterprise APM, APM Health and APM Mechanical Integrity solutions for its Kebabangan project, located offshore Sabah, Malaysia.
The firm's Meridium solution provides field operators with the ability to develop a risk priority for all static equipment, as well as to optimize the frequency of required asset inspections.
“An integrated closed loop approach to asset management was required because of the need to merge the reliability strategies of the three companies. Because KPOC is an early adopter of an integrated asset management strategy in Southeast Asia, and further is comprised of personnel from the three partners, a unique reliability culture is expected to result," Greg Horrell, Meridium managing director for Asia Pacific & South Africa, said in the press release Tuesday.
PETRONAS Carigali is the upstream division of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Co. (KPOC) more info
- Dayang Bags Topside Maintenance Services Deal for KPOC's Kebabangan Field (Apr 26)
- Meridium Clinches APM Software & Services Deal from Malaysia's KPOC (Mar 30)
- Malaysia's Icon Offshore Receives $12.1M LOA to Supply PSV to KPOC (Nov 25)