Aker Solutions Secures BP Subsea Deal
Aker Solutions has secured a global framework agreement to deliver engineering and project management services at BP-operated subsea oil and gas fields.
The contract has a fixed period of five years and may be extended by two years. It covers subsea engineering services, asset integrity management and operations support. Both parties agreed not to disclose the contract value.
Aker Solutions CEO Luis Araujo said in a company statement:
"We are delighted to partner with BP in finding cost-effective solutions to boost productivity and optimize the infrastructure of the company's subsea fields. We have provided subsea operations support to BP in the UK for more than 15 years and look forward to building on this partnership with a global agreement."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)