ADNOC, OMV, Occidental Sign Exploration Agreement in UAE
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), OMV, and Occidental Petroleum have signed an agreement to conduct a four-year seismic, drilling and engineering work program for exploration, appraisal and potential field developments in Abu Dhabi.
The agreement covers several undeveloped oil and gas fields in North-West Offshore Abu Dhabi including the Ghasha and Hail areas. Under the contract, OMV and Occidental will contribute personnel and technical expertise for the project, which aims to form the basis for the future development of the North-West Offshore area.
Commenting on the agreement, OMV CEO Rainer Seele said in a company statement:
"We are pleased to expand our cooperation with ADNOC, together with Occidental, through the appraisal of a number of undeveloped fields which are of strategic importance to ADNOC. This cooperation will further strengthen our already excellent partnership with ADNOC."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
- Austria's OMV to Invest in UAE Offshore Oilfields in $1.5B Deal with ADNOC (Apr 05)
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
- Permian Producer Occidental Raises CAPEX Budget, Investors Balk (Aug 09)
- Oil Boom Bottleneck Costs Permian Investors $1B a Day (Jun 07)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) more info
- ADNOC Seeks to Make Downstream City More Livable (Sep 10)
- Govt Source: ADNOC To Sign Deal On Monday For Stake In Indian Refinery (Jun 22)
- UAE's ADNOC Signs Deal With Spain's Cepsa For New LAB Facility (May 14)